Auto World

FORD. FORD in TAIWAN

Ford Lio Ho Motor Co. Ltd., P. O. Box 12, Chung Li, 32042, Taiwan tel. + 8863/4530602, fax + 8863/4635489, http://www.ford.com.tw

FORD ACTIVA MAGIC LIFE

FORD FOCUS

FORD TIERRA SE

FORD RS TIERRA

FORD METROSTAR-MONDEO A+

FORD RS MONDEO

FORD MAV

FORD PRONTO P-RZ

FORD ESCAPE

Models produced in Taiwan: Activa Magic (sedan, Kombi Life), Tierra SE/RS Tierra, Fo­cus (sedan, hatchback), Metrostar-Mondeo A+, RS Mondeo, MAV, Escape, Pronto P-RZ.

Production volume in Taiwan in 2003 - 49,290 passenger vehicles.

In 1972 the joint-venture of Ford (70% of shares) and Lio Ho group (remaining 30%) was establi­shed, which began the production of Ford Escort, Cortina and Fairmont cars a year later, and in 1981 - of the first Laser model based on the Mazda. The Liata, produced from 1995, was replaced with the Tierra sedan in 1998. In 1999 the Tierra Life, desi­gned on the basis of the latest Mazda 323 model and available also in an estate body version, was re­leased. In 2000 the above models were replaced by significantly restyled vehicles: Activa sedan, Ac­tiva Life station wagon, an aggressive Tierra LS sedan and sporty RS Tierra sedan (2.0-liter 142 hp en­gine). All these versions were restyled again in 2003, Tierra LS was replaced by the Tierra SE sedan (1.6-liter 106 hp), and Activa gained an additional W6 marking. The new Activa Magic (1.6-liter 106 hp engine) replaced the Activa W6 in April 2004, restyled again in December 2004. In September 2004 the production of a new sedan and a 5-door hatchback called Focus, available with 1.8-liter 132 hp or 2.0-liter 148 hp engines, was launched. The older Mondeo RS was produced in 1997-2001, and its new M2000 version in the years 2000-2001. These models were replaced in 2001 by the Me­trostar-Mondeo sedan (a modernized Belgian Ford Mondeo 2000) and in 2002 - by the new Mondeo RS (2.5-liter 173 hp engine). In November 2003 the Metrostar-Mondeo was replaced by the Metro­star-Mondeo A+ sedan, which came with a restyled front end and 2.0-liter 148 hp or 2.5-liter 173 hp power plants. Since August 2001 the new, restyled in May 2004 SUV Escape has been available (2.3-liter 157 hp or 3.0-liter 204 hp units). The MAV minivan, designed on the basis of the Mazda Prema-cy, was introduced in 2001 and came with a 2.0-liter 142 hp engine. The Pronto minivan was repla­ced by a 5/7-seat Pronto P-RZ model in 1999, equipped with a 1.0-liter 66 hp unit, the design of which was based on the 1999 Suzuki Every.

All automobiles in TAIWAN

  1. FORD
  2. FORMOSA
  3. HONDA
  4. HYUNDAI
  5. I STUDIO X-GENE
  6. MAZDA
  7. MITSUBISHI
  8. SUZUKI
  9. TOYOTA
  10. YULON

FORD in other countries:

  1. FORD in AUSTRALIA
  2. FORD in BELGIUM
  3. FORD in BRAZIL
  4. FORD in CANADA
  5. FORD in COLOMBIA
  6. FORD in GERMANY
  7. FORD in SPAIN
  8. FORD in ITALY
  9. FORD in INDIA
  10. FORD in JAPAN
  11. FORD in MALAYSIA
  12. FORD in MEXICO
  13. FORD in PORTUGAL
  14. FORD in THE PHILIPPINES
  15. FORD in ARGENTINA
  16. FORD in TAIWAN
  17. FORD in RUSSIA
  18. FORD in THAILAND
  19. FORD in TURKEY
  20. FORD in USA
  21. FORD in VENEZUELA
  22. FORD in SOUTH AFRICA
© 2007 AUTO-WORLD.com. Automobiles of the world